COVID-19 UPDATE: MFC-EMN ANNUAL CONFERENCE MOVING ONLINE >>>
Lockdown measures and other restrictions linked to the COVID-19 pandemic have now been affecting all of us for weeks. As we see them being gradually lifted, we are faced with the difficult task of keeping a vigilant stance and a duty not to let our guard down. For these reasons, the Microfinance Centre and the European Microfinance Network have decided to cancel their joint Annual Conference initially scheduled for Sofia, Bulgaria.
However, flexibility and agility define the sector our two organisations proudly represent, and bringing this sector together is an objective second to none in these uncertain times. The way forward is clear: we are moving the MFC-EMN Annual Conference online!
While digitalisation remains a key priority for the near future, we must collectively address the impact of the unprecedented crisis we are going through. It will be the central focus of the various sessions organised during this three-day event; a remote yet lively celebration of the European microfinance sector’s achievements, resilience, and potential for the post-COVID era.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com
Stay tuned and stay safe!
With kind regards,
The MFC and EMN team
|Early Bird Fee
until 1 April 2020
2 April – 29 May 2020
|Last Minute Fee
from 30 May 2020
|MFC/EMN Member**||540 EUR||660 EUR||960 EUR|
|Non-member||660 EUR||780 EUR||960 EUR|
|Group fee***||480 EUR||480 EUR||960 EUR|
* All prices are inclusive of 20% VAT
** MFC and EMN members have been sent a code to use to apply the members‘ fee. If you cannot find this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the members‘ code.
***Special Discounted Group Fee for MFC and/or EMN Members for the third, fourth and subsequent participant from the same organisation in the same country. Select only if at least two people from your organisation have already registered for the conference in the MFC/EMN Member category. Please fill in the names of the two registered colleagues in the Note box in the online registration form.
Note: Payments must be received by the corresponding deadlines (early bird or regular), otherwise the subsequent rate will automatically apply.
The registration fee includes
- Admission to the full 1.5 day conference (Thursday & Friday)
- Admission to the Investors Fair
- Conference material, including access to the conference mobile app
- Lunches and coffee breaks on Thursday and Friday
- Admission to the Gala Dinner at the National History Museum on Thursday 4 June.
- Password access to the online participant list
- MFC and EMN members should be aware that, as in previous years, the MFC Membership Meeting and the EMN General Assembly will take place on Wednesday 3 June from 17:00 and will be followed by a joint meeting and cocktail.
- There will also be some pre-conference workshops on Wednesday – please consult the agenda.
- There is a supplement charge of 86.00EUR (VAT included) for an accompanying person for the gala dinner – this supplement can be added during registration.
- Accommodation is not included in the price. It is the responsibility of each participant to book their own rooms. You can book your accommodation via the registration form – special rates are available for conference participants.
- The main conference language will be English with Russian and Romanian interpreting available.
How to register
Register for the MFC-EMN Annual Conference via this ONLINE REGISTR ATION FORM /temporarily suspended/
In order to register for the conference, you must first fill in the Personal Data Form to receive a password (sent by email). Once you have the password, you will be able to complete registration, book your accommodation, and make payments. A summary of your registration will be sent to you by email.
The registration form is for individual registrations only. For group registrations (5 participants or more) please contact the Conference Secretariat mfcemn@ guar ant.cz
Methods of payment
Registration fees must be paid in EUR by one of the following methods:
1. Credit or Debit CardFor credit or debit card payments, please use the Online Payment System. The system is accessible with the password that you received upon registration. The system accepts the following credit/debit cards: MasterCard/Eurocard, Visa and Diners Club.
2. Bank Transfer
The bank details including the 10-digit variable symbol will be automatically sent to your email address after submitting the online form. Please note that payments without this variable symbol will not be identified and the registration will not be confirmed.
Please note that bank transfer payments will only be accepted by 27 April 2020. After this date, only payments by credit/debit cards will be accepted using the Online Payment System.
All bank transfer amounts should be minus bank charges. Any banking fees accrued from the transfer is the responsibility of each party.
Cancellations and refunds
The Conference Secretariat must be notified in writing by e-mail at email@example.com in the event of cancellation of the registration. Cancellation by phone will not be accepted. The appropriate refunds will be made after the Conference.
The following cancellation conditions apply:
|Notification of cancellation received||Refund|
|Before and on 30 April 2020||full refund of the registration fee, a handling fee of 30 EUR will be deducted|
|1 May – 29 May 2020||50% of the registration fee|
|On and after 30 May 2020||no refund|
If a change or cancellation made by a participant in registration or accommodation results in a refund, GUARANT International reserves the right to charge a 30 EUR handling fee.
If you are prevented from attending, you will be given the opportunity to send a colleague in your place. Name changes should be notified in writing to Conference Secretariat. A handling fee of 30 EUR will be charged for each name change. No name change will be possible after 30 May 2020.